18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Texas
If you and/or a loved one were the victim(s) of an accident involving a freight truck, big rig, 18-wheeler, or any other kind of truck, The Siddique Firm’s experienced truck accident attorneys are able and ready to get you the compensation you deserve. The lawyers at our firm have immense experience representing victims of all types of trucking accidents including:
- Blind spot and no zone accidents
- Head-on collisions
- T-Bone and side-impact crashes
- Rollover incidents
- Rear-end collisions
Be aware, waiting too long to file your claim may disqualify you from your opportunity to recover damages. Make sure that you do not exceed the (variable) statute of limitations for your claim. Take action today; our firm is here to help you through every step of the legal process. Don’t wait- contact our expert attorneys today at 972-777-4878.
Today, more commercial trucks, big rigs, semi-trucks, 18 wheelers, and other trucks fill the roads than ever before. This is because the commercial trucking industry’s growth over the past few decades. Oftentimes, these exhausted drivers are working long hours over huge distances, faced with strict deadlines, inadequate sleep, and other dangerous factors that can lead to devastating consequences. Risk factors exist with trucks that are not always present with passenger vehicles, including bigger blind spots, longer braking times, and hazardous cargo.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration informs us that the most common causes of California truck accidents are:
- Driver mistakes—This category involves issues such as trucker fatigue, distracted driving, speeding, and otherwise reckless behavior at the wheel; these types of accidents account for 87% of all large truck accidents.
- Vehicle Issues—Improper maintenance, braking problems, tire issues, overweight trailers, and unsecured loads are a few of the major vehicle issues that cause truck accidents
- Environmental Issues—Rain, strong winds, and other natural hazards can create adverse road conditions that increase the risk of a truck hydroplaning, slipping out of control, and potentially being involved in an accident.
The most common types of trucks and vehicles involved in these types of accidents include but are not limited to:
- 18 Wheelers
- Big Rigs
- Delivery Vans
- Cargo trucks
- Commercial trucks
- Construction trucks
- Fire trucks
- Freight trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Municipal trucks
- Suction Excavators
- Tractor trailers
The force of impact created by these trucks can be devastating. Thus, any of these vehicles may be involved in a catastrophic accident.
Severe, life-threatening injuries may stem from truck accidents. Approximately 200,000 Americans are injured each year in truck accidents. Among the common types of injuries suffered during truck accidents are spinal injuries, brain damage, internal bleeding, broken bones, road rash, whiplash, amputations, and other very serious injuries. However, an injured victim’s adrenaline elevates sharply and may block the sensation of pain immediately after an accident, so it is crucial that you seek medical attention if you have been involved in a truck accident.
Several parties may be involved in a truck accident, including the truck driver, the crew that loaded the truck, and/or the manufacturer of the truck and its safety equipment. Despite the number of parties at fault, the compensation available to victims is as follows:
- Current and future medical bills
- Loss of income or earning potential
- Vehicle repair or other transportation needs
- Mental anguish, suffering, and pain due to the accident
The Siddique Firm’s knowledgeable team of truck accident lawyers can help you get the justice and compensation you and your family deserve. To begin your life-changing process with us, contact our expert attorneys today at 972-777-4878.