Mesquite Car Accident Lawyers
Assisting Car Crash Victims As They Seek Compensation
The consequences of car accidents can be devastating. They can leave victims with permanent or even life-threatening injuries, and they can take the lives of loved ones in an instant. If you were the victim of a car accident in Texas, you deserve to know you’re not alone.
Whether you were injured or lost a family member in a crash, you can get legal guidance and words of support from the car accident lawyers at The Wolf of Law Street. We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as you can, as we’re here to help start your case so you can begin the healing process after being involved in an accident.
What Mistakes Should I Avoid Making After a Car Wreck?
There are some common mistakes that personal injury attorneys have seen countless clients make after car accidents. Some of these mistakes can be serious enough to jeopardize an accident claim, or at least keep clients from getting the maximum compensation they should be allowed. If you want to get a head start on your personal injury case before you even talk to an attorney, try to avoid making these common mistakes after a traffic accident.
- Admitting Fault. You might be confused about whose fault the car accident was, or maybe you’re just trying to be nice so the other driver feels better after the crash. But claiming that you caused the accident or even saying you’re sorry that it happened is not a good idea. Instead, leave the job of determining fault to the police and your car accident lawyer.
- Leaving the Scene Without Calling Police. One of the most important things to do after a Mesquite car crash is to call the police and report the accident, so don’t fail to do this. Not only can you get in trouble if you leave the accident scene, but you’ll also miss out on the chance to make a police report right away. Your personal injury lawyer can use the details from that report to help build your case and get a fair settlement for you, making this an important document to have.
- Assuming Your Insurance Company Will Help You. No matter how much you like your insurance company, you have to remember that it’s not there to lose money. As a result, it’s not surprising when insurance companies take far too long on cases and fail to offer fair compensation when they finally make a decision. You can’t rely on your insurance company to make sure you get the money you need to pay for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and more after you suffer physical injuries in a car accident. That’s what a Mesquite car accident attorney will help you with.
- Not Getting Evidence at the Scene. Don’t leave the scene of the car accident without first gathering as much evidence as you can. This means you should get out your phone and take pictures of the damage to your car and the other vehicles involved. You should also take pictures of your injuries and of the scene overall and get statements from any witnesses who saw the crash happen. These images and documents will help explain the situation when you meet with a personal injury attorney for a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
- Not Getting Getting Immediate Medical Treatment for Personal Injuries. If the car accident was minor and you don’t notice any injuries at first, you might assume you don’t need to see a doctor. However, some injuries only become noticeable when you wake up the day after the crash or even days later. This is why you should always get medical treatment after a car accident. If you don’t take an ambulance to the emergency room to get checked out after the crash, you should at least schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as you get home from the scene of the accident.
- Not Talking to a Lawyer After the Auto Accident. Another mistake to avoid making after a Mesquite car accident is forgetting to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer about the crash. Having someone fighting for your rights from the start will reduce the chances of the insurance company ignoring you or offering you much less compensation than you deserve. You have nothing to lose by scheduling a free initial consultation at a Mesquite personal injury law firm so you can find out how a team of injury lawyers can help with your case.
If you’re ready to learn how personal injury lawyers can assist you in getting compensation after your auto accident, come to The Wolf of Law Street. The legal team at our law firm has years of experience helping auto accident victims deal with the devastating aftermath of collisions. Whether you suffered minor injuries that you’re healing from or catastrophic injuries that have changed your life, our legal team is here to help you pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in a Car Crash?
Most auto accidents result in injuries for drivers and passengers. The severity and type of personal injury can vary quite a bit, depending on the circumstances of the crash. Either way, you should get medical care as soon as possible so you have the best chance of a smooth recovery. Going to the hospital right away, or at least seeing your doctor within a day of the auto accident can ensure you get fast treatment for everything from broken bones and soft tissue damage to concussions and back injuries.
If you’re worried about how you will pay for the medical bills you incur after the accident, you should schedule a free consultation with a local personal injury law firm to discuss your options when it comes to seeking compensation. If you hire personal injury attorneys to initiate a car accident case for you, you’ll have a good chance of getting the at-fault driver’s insurance company to pay for your damages.
This means you likely won’t have to pay your medical bills out of pocket. This is helpful if you’re suffering from a serious injury after a crash, as your medical expenses will add up fast as you work on recovering. That’s especially the case if you were hospitalized or had to undergo surgery for serious injuries since you’ll likely also have to pay for ongoing medical expenses, including medications, physical therapy, and follow-up doctor visits.
For this reason, never hesitate to reach out to the accident attorneys at The Wolf of Law Street to get started on your case. At our law firm, our legal team is caring and will work hard to help you get the compensation you deserve to pay for medical bills and more after a crash in Texas.
What If My Family Member Was Killed in a Motor Vehicle Accident?
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, you might be able to file a wrongful death claim with a Mesquite lawyer. While filing a lawsuit can’t change what happened, it can ensure you have the money you need to pay off your deceased family member’s medical bills and funeral costs while giving you some time off work to grieve without worrying about how you’ll pay your bills.
Deadly accidents occur for many reasons, with the most common causes being the following:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Poor road conditions
- Extreme weather
- Car defects
Clearly, drunk drivers, distracted drivers, and people who should just generally not be behind the wheel can cause deadly car and truck accidents that will change your life forever. Bringing a lawsuit against drivers like this will not only ensure you’re financially compensated after losing a loved one but can also make them less likely to make the same devastating mistake again.
Not everyone is eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit when a loved one dies. Typically, you have to be one of the following:
- Surviving spouse
- Child of the deceased
So if your spouse, child, or parent was killed in a tragic car accident, you might be able to file a claim with a Mesquite lawyer. A wrongful death claim can help you get compensation to pay for the following expenses:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of companionship
If you’re thinking about bringing a lawsuit against the driver who caused a deadly accident that changed your family forever, you should get in touch with a local law firm that handles wrongful death cases. Most Mesquite law offices offer free consultations so you can learn what your options are for your claim.
At The Wolf of Law Street, we take on wrongful death cases, car accident cases, motorcycle accident cases, and much more. No matter how you or your family members were injured, we want to talk about the details with you so we can tell you what your legal options are. You can trust our team with confidential or sensitive information related to the accident, so come to our law office today for your free consultation to get started.
What Is Comparative Negligence Under Texas Personal Injury Law?
As you work on recovering from serious injuries and prepare to talk to a car accident attorney about your legal options, you should learn a little about Texas law when it comes to car crashes. For instance, in this state, there’s a concept called comparative negligence. This means if it turns out your actions helped cause the accident, you may be able to still seek damages, but the amount you get could be reduced based on how much of the crash was your fault.
As an example, if a reckless driver was going 20 miles per hour over the speed limit and crashed into you, it may be clear they caused the accident. However, if it’s found that you were going 10 miles per hour over the speed limit, it could be argued that your speed also played a role in the accident. You might not be as at-fault for the crash, but you could be considered partially at-fault. If it’s found that the other driver was 75% responsible for the accident, and you were 25% responsible for it, then your compensation may be reduced by 25%.
On the other hand, if it’s found that you were 51% at-fault for the collision, then you would not be able to pursue compensation. This is why it’s so important to collect as much evidence as possible at the scene of the accident, as you’ll need to prove that the other driver was the main cause of the crash.
Fortunately, experienced accident attorneys can take all the information you have about the collision to strengthen auto accident cases like yours. Once you visit a local law firm and talk to personal injury lawyers for legal advice, you should be able to feel confident about your case as you focus on your physical and emotional recovery after the accident. If you have questions about your legal options after a crash, come to The Wolf of Law Street to talk to a car accident attorney who can provide you with the answers and support you need today.
Should I Get Help from Mesquite Car Accident Lawyers?
Whether you were seriously injured or lost a loved one in a Texas car accident, you’re going through a lot. You deserve to know you’re not alone at this time and that you have someone on your side who will fight for your rights as you do your best to move on after a horrific accident. You may be dealing with painful injuries, grieving a loved one, or struggling to keep up with your medical bills after a crash. No matter what your situation is, you have the option to hire a car accident attorney to help.
If you’re not sure how car accident attorneys can assist with situations like yours, you should first keep in mind that they’ll listen carefully as you discuss the details of the car accident. Not only will doing so help you legally as you prepare to pursue compensation but sometimes talking about the incident can help you heal. When you visit a law office, you can also ask about resources that will help you cope with your grief, as lawyers who work on cases involving car accidents have experience talking to victims during all stages of healing.
Of course, telling car accident attorneys about the details of automobile accidents is also a good way to get on the path toward compensation for your case, giving you a chance to feel some financial relief when it comes to paying your accident-related bills. If you don’t know how you’re going to pay for your medical costs, car repairs, or other bills after a crash, reaching out to a local law firm that handles personal injury claims involving car accidents can help you find a solution.
If you’re interested in seeing the benefits of hiring a Mesquite car accident lawyer you can trust, come to The Wolf of Law Street today for a free consultation. We take our time on every case, making sure to pay attention to every detail, so we get the best outcomes possible for our clients’ personal injury cases. Contact us today at (972)843-9616 to discuss your legal options after a crash.