Dallas Car Accident Lawyers
Helping Clients Navigate Car Accident Claims
Car accidents are an unfortunate fact of life, as there is always a risk of getting into a collision when you get into a car. However, just because car accidents are common does not mean you should have to deal with the consequences of them on your own, especially if you did not cause the one you were in.
There are resources available to help you pay for the expenses of collisions in Texas, starting with car accident attorneys. Going to a Dallas car accident lawyer to discuss the details of the collision you were in is a good start to getting the financial compensation you need to pay for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and lost earning capacity. Simply put, you should not have to worry about how you are going to pay your bills after a motor vehicle accident has left you with painful personal injuries.
This is why the legal team at The Wolf of Law Street is eager to assist accident victims with their personal injury cases. Our attorneys understand the devastation a car wreck can cause, as victims are nearly always left with injuries and property damage to take care of. If you are just starting to recover from your injuries and are not sure where to turn next, we invite you to come to our law office for a free case evaluation to talk about your legal options.
What Causes Most Car Accidents?
Some car accidents are caused by a simple mistake on the part of one driver, while others are caused by outright negligence. Either way, the results are often the same, as someone usually ends up with a serious injury that will take time to heal. Some people even lose a loved one in a deadly car or truck accident. The following are some of the causes of the collisions that personal injury lawyers see in car accident claims:
- Drunk Driving. Some of the most devastating and deadly motor vehicle crashes occur when one driver is drunk. This is because many drunk drivers are likely to speed, run red lights, and just generally drive recklessly, as their inhibitions and decision-making abilities are stunted due to the impairment.
- Distracted Driving. Another common cause of motor vehicle accidents is distracted driving. Many drivers use their phones to call, text, or use social media while driving, making it harder to notice that cars up ahead are stopping or that they are drifting into the next lane. Even eating, drinking, changing the radio station, and talking to passengers in the car can be distracting, leading to car wrecks that cause serious injuries or death.
- Driver Fatigue. Driving while drowsy is very unsafe, but some motorists still make the decision to do this because they assume they can stay awake long enough to reach their destination. Unfortunately, they’re often wrong, as they fall asleep at the wheel or are too tired to notice red lights and stop signs. This is more common among people who drive commercial vehicles for a living, as they may be trying to meet strict work deadlines or make more money. This can lead to a serious car or truck accident.
- Aggressive Driving. Some drivers are impatient and downright aggressive on the road, so they speed, tailgate, and make unsafe lane changes. They might also try to pass cars in an unsafe way, leading to head-on collisions that leave drivers and passengers seriously injured or dead.
- Dangerous Road Conditions. Sometimes it’s the road that is considered dangerous, not necessarily the drivers. Examples include roads where snow or rain has accumulated on them or where there is construction taking place. However, it is the responsibility of a good driver to observe dangerous road conditions and act accordingly, such as driving slower or leaving more space between vehicles. If the driver who hit your car clearly did not consider the road conditions while behind the wheel, their insurance company should be liable for your medical bills and more.
Whether the cause of your collision is on this list or you believe the crash was due to a different issue, you should contact a Dallas car accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case. Visiting a law office to find out what your legal rights are after a car accident can put you on the right path to getting fair compensation to help pay for your expenses. At The Wolf of Law Street, our experienced car accident lawyers will carefully look over your case before letting you know how to proceed so you can get the maximum financial compensation you deserve.
What Steps Should I Take to Protect Myself After a Car Crash?
Though you might not be able to prevent a car from hitting your vehicle in Texas, you can be informed on how to protect yourself as much as possible after a crash. Taking certain steps can increase your chances of proving fault and getting compensation for your injuries after the accident, so try to remember to do the following if you are in a car wreck:
- Get Immediate Medical Treatment If Needed. The most important part is to stay safe, and that means putting your health first. If you are bleeding, think you have a broken bone, or are in intense pain, you should request an ambulance so you can go to the hospital. The same goes for any passengers in your car or any drivers and passengers in other cars on the scene. Severe injuries cannot wait long for medical treatment, so it is imperative that you get this step taken care of first.
- Talk to the Police. If your injuries seem to be minor, you may be able to wait for medical treatment, at least until after you have filed a police report. This should not take long, as you will just need to fill out a form that requests the details on how the accident happened. This accident report will likely be helpful to your personal injury claim, as it can assist in determining fault, so it is important to fill it out.
- Talk to the Other People at the Accident Scene. You will need to talk to the other drivers involved in the crash so you can exchange contact details, including insurance company information and the vehicle’s license plate number. You should also see if there were any witnesses to the crash and then ask for their contact information. During this process, make sure you do not admit fault. Do not even say you are sorry about the car accident, as this can be seen as admitting fault. Just try to stay calm as you gather the information you need before you leave.
- Take Pictures of the Scene. This is a good time to use your phone to take pictures, as you will want photo evidence of the damage to your car. You should take pictures of your injuries, too, as well as the damage to the other cars involved in the crash. The more photo evidence you have to help your case, the better.
- Call a Car Accident Attorney. Once you are in a safe place and have gotten your injuries treated, you should call a law firm that handles car accident cases. Doing this on the same day as the crash is a good idea, so the details are still fresh in your mind. Most car accident attorneys offer a free consultation that allows you to learn more about your options for compensation before you decide whether to move forward with a personal injury lawsuit.
Following these five steps can help your car accident claim go as smoothly as possible from the beginning. At The Wolf of Law Street, our attorneys are here to assist you with your legal options, starting with seeking the compensation you need to pay for the expenses you will have as you get medical treatment and car repairs. The car accident lawyers at our law firm are compassionate and supportive, so when you come to us for help handling Texas law as it relates to auto accidents, you will get the answers you need to start your case with confidence.
What Types of Injuries Do Car Accidents Lead To?
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, from minor wounds that will heal quickly to medical conditions that leave victims permanently disabled. No matter how severe your wounds are, you should not have to pay for your medical treatment out of pocket. Even if you have good health insurance that covers a lot of medical expenses, you will likely still have copays and other costs that can start to add up fast.
You should not have to pay any of these costs, which is why car accident lawyers work exceedingly hard to help victims get fair compensation. The following are just some of the most common injuries that car accident attorneys see victims dealing with in motor vehicle accident cases:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue damage
Whether the injuries you suffered are on this list or not, you deserve to be able to afford the medical treatment you need now or in the future. At The Wolf of Law Street, our car accident attorneys will fight to get you fair compensation so you do not have to worry about your medical expenses as you recover from a Dallas car wreck. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation today to discuss how to proceed with your case.
What Compensation Can I Seek After a Dallas Car Accident?
The main reason to hire a lawyer after a car accident is to get help obtaining the compensation you will need to pay for your accident-related bills. Whether you have a lot of medical costs or are facing expensive car repairs after the crash, it will be difficult to try to pay them all on your own. Even if you can afford to do so, you should not have to. Instead, you should let experienced car accident attorneys file a lawsuit for you to ensure the other driver’s insurance company pays for your expenses.
A major part of the compensation you collect after an accident will be economic damages. These cover the costs you have had to pay or will be expected to pay after the car wreck. They usually include the following:
- Hospital bills
- Copays and other fees to see medical professionals
- Ongoing medical care, such as rehabilitation costs
- Car repairs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
Basically, if you have not been able to work since the accident, and you might not ever be able to work the same job as before, you deserve to be compensated for this. If you have medical expenses and property damage to pay for, you should get damages for this, too. Your attorney might also be able to obtain non-economic damages for you as part of the compensation you get. These damages may include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering damages
The damages you get will depend on a few factors, including how much the car crash has cost you when it comes to money, time, stress, and more. For instance, if you are dealing with catastrophic injuries that have changed your life, your personal injury attorney may try to get you additional compensation compared to if your injuries are already healing. However, this is just one factor, so it is important to contact a law firm like The Wolf of Law Street to discuss the details that make up your claim.
How Do I File a Wrongful Death Claim After Losing a Loved One in a Crash?
Some car accidents are devastating because they cause serious or even catastrophic injuries for drivers and passengers alike. Others are even more tragic, as they take the life of one or more people involved. If you lost a spouse, child, or parent in a Dallas collision, you might be entitled to file a lawsuit for wrongful death.
As you are aware, getting compensated financially will not change the fact that your loved one is no longer here. However, the point of seeking compensation in wrongful death claims is not to bring back the deceased person but to help ease other aspects of life for the grieving survivors. After all, people who are in mourning deserve to take some time off work to make funeral arrangements, notify family members of the death, figure out their next steps, and just generally grieve as much as they need to.
The ability to get a lump sum of money can help with this, as you will not have to rush back to work immediately while dealing with the devastation of losing a close family member. So if you have lost a loved one in a Dallas car accident and cannot fathom going to work right after the funeral, you should talk to a local legal team for help requesting compensation for your wrongful death claim.
To get started on a claim of this kind, you will need to first make sure you are eligible to file. You must be the spouse, child, or parent of the deceased person in order to file a wrongful death claim. If you meet this qualification, you should talk to a lawyer to learn what kinds of damages you can get. In general, wrongful death claims can pay for the following expenses caused by auto accidents:
- Hospital bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of income
The damages you will be eligible to receive will vary depending on your circumstances. For example, you might have to show that your loved one was the main source of income for your family, in which case you could get damages for the loss of income. You may also need to show that you have unpaid medical bills from the time your family member spent in the hospital before passing away. At that point, the law firm you hire can work on adding up all the costs to determine how much you deserve to get in damages.
The attorney you choose will help you through the wrongful death case from start to finish, so you do not need to worry about legal matters. This way, you can spend your time grieving your loved one and coming to terms with life after a tragic car accident. At The Wolf of Law Street, we understand this is a very difficult time for you, so our personal injury attorneys will be sensitive to your feelings while working on your case. You can learn more about how we handle cases like yours when you come to our law office for a free consultation.
What If I Cannot Afford a Dallas Car Accident Attorney?
If you are thinking about initiating a personal injury or wrongful death claim, but you are worried about how you will pay for it, you have come to the right place. At The Wolf of Law Street, our legal team provides representation on a contingency basis. As such, you will not owe any money upfront when you hire us to take on your case.
In fact, you will only pay for legal representation once you receive your settlement. As a result, if you do not end up getting the damages you request, you will not owe anything in legal fees. In addition, the first meeting with our team is free, so you have nothing to lose by coming to us with questions about your case as you work on deciding whether you should take legal action against the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
At our firm, we understand that you may have been out of work for weeks or even months following a car accident and that the lost wages you are facing would make it difficult to pay for legal help. After all, you may be struggling to pay for medical bills, and car repairs as it is, so adding legal fees to your collection of bills could be intimidating. This is why we want you to realize it will cost you nothing to seek our help in dealing with insurance companies after a car accident. We invite you to come to our law office as soon as you can to learn more about how our auto accident attorneys can assist you.
Why Should I Hire a Law Firm?
If you are thinking about working directly with your auto insurance company to seek compensation, you might wonder if hiring a personal injury lawyer would be worth it. You might assume you can simply call your insurance company and submit an auto insurance claim and then wait for a check in the mail.
However, it is rarely that easy. Auto insurance companies can be hard to get ahold of, to begin with, so you can expect to spend a lot of time on the phone as you try to explain how the car accident occurred and schedule a time to meet with insurance adjusters. This means it can take months to get your money, which does not work well for most car accident victims just trying to pay their bills after their accident.
When you finally do get a check from your insurance company, you might find that it is not enough to pay all the bills that stem from the auto accident. This can leave you facing major debt from a collision that was not your fault. You should not have to worry about how you are going to find the money to pay bills from a crash that was caused by the gross negligence of another driver. This is why you should consider hiring a firm with experience in personal injury law.
When car accident victims hire injury lawyers after auto accidents, they can look forward to a few benefits. First, they do not have to deal with insurance companies on their own. Their car accident attorney can communicate with the insurance adjuster and the insurance company as a whole, saving them time and hassle. In addition, victims who hire car accident lawyers to deal with insurance companies often end up with higher settlements after vehicle accidents. This is because lawyers know the steps to take to get their clients the maximum compensation after a tragic auto accident.
If you are curious to see how a car accident attorney can assist you in getting the maximum compensation, contact our law office at (972) 573-4532. We have years of experience handling personal injury claims, and we know how much fair compensation matters after an auto accident, so contact us today.