Frisco Car Accident Lawyers
Providing Legal Guidance to Victims of Collisions
If a recent motor vehicle collision left you with painful injuries and bills that are piling up, you might be feeling alone and not sure where to turn for help. Fortunately, you can get the assistance you need when you get in contact with a Frisco car accident lawyer shortly after the collision. Having the right legal team on your side from start to finish is just what you need for a chance at the maximum compensation possible as you recover from an accident in Texas.
At The Wolf of Law Street, our goal is to ensure that our clients are well informed on their legal options after a devastating motor vehicle collision. This is why we encourage Frisco car accident victims to come to our law firm for a free strategy session during a consultation to discuss the facts of the case. Whether you’re suffering from mild or severe injuries or possibly mourning the loss of a family member after a fatal collision, we’re here to help with your personal injury claim, so you don’t have to worry about the legal issues of the case.
What Are Some Common Causes of Collisions?
Experienced personal injury attorneys around Texas have seen the aftermath of numerous serious and fatal car accidents. Though there are many different scenarios that can lead to major car accidents, we often see the same causes over and over. In particular, the following tend to be the most common reasons behind car accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
- Running red lights
- Running stop signs
- Making improper turns
- Unsafe road conditions
- Extreme weather
- Defects on the car
If you think the collision you were in could have been caused by one of these common car crash causes, you should talk to a Frisco car accident lawyer about the case. Even if it was caused by another issue, not on the list—or if you’re not sure what caused the accident—you should contact a local law firm soon after the crash. The right personal injury attorney will sit down with you and discuss all the details of the accident that left you with injuries, property damage, lost wages, and other damages. Then, together, you and your attorney can decide your next steps as you get closer to requesting fair compensation after an accident.
What Steps Should I Take After a Motor Vehicle Collision?
When you get in a car crash, it’s common to feel shaken up and confused. This is especially the case if the automobile accident was caused by someone else who seemed to come out of nowhere after speeding, running a stop sign, or going through a red light and colliding with your vehicle. While it’s normal to feel disoriented and unsure of what to do next, it’s helpful to take the following steps after a crash.
- Check for Injuries. Immediately after the car accident, you should quickly check to see if you’re injured. While some injuries might take minutes or even days to show up, some serious injuries may be clear right away, like broken bones or a gaping wound. If you have passengers in your car, check them for injuries, too.
- Call 911. The next step is to call 911 to report that there’s been an accident and you need a police officer at the scene. If you need immediate medical care, this is the time to mention that you or your passengers have been hurt and need an ambulance. If you believe your injuries are minor and you don’t want to be taken to the emergency room right away, make plans to get seen by your doctor within a day of the collision if possible.
- Make a Police Report. When the police arrive, be sure to describe all the details of the auto accident that you can remember. The more information you can think of to tell the police officer, the better, as you never know what details might help your accident claim.
- Exchange Information with Everyone at the Accident Scene. Another important step to take directly after an automobile accident is to get the contact information of the drivers of the vehicles involved. This includes the driver you believe to be at fault and any other driver involved in the wreck. If there were any witnesses of the collision, you should ask for their contact information, too. Any information they can share might help your personal injury case in the future.
- Get Pictures of the Accident Scene. Don’t leave the scene of the accident without first getting plenty of pictures. You’ll want images of the damage to your car from numerous angles, as well as the damage to the other vehicles involved. You should also take pictures of the license plate of the cars in the crash and any injuries you or your passengers have. Pictures can help back up your claims when it comes to using personal injury law to seek compensation after a crash, so you’ll want several of them for your case.
- Hire a Frisco Law Firm. Finally, it’s important to talk to a car accident lawyer in Frisco soon after your accident. Your attorney can look at the details of your claim and help decide what would be considered fair compensation for you as you deal with the consequences of a car accident that wasn’t your fault.
If you’re thinking about using personal injury law techniques to get the maximum compensation possible after an accident, you should come to The Wolf of Law Street for legal representation. Our car accident lawyers are caring and can be trusted to guide victims through their personal injury claims from beginning to end. We’re well-acquainted with Texas law when it comes to auto accidents, and we offer free consultations to all new clients who need legal help.
What Damages Am I Entitled To in a Personal Injury Case?
Car accidents can be devastating for not only your physical and emotional health but also for your finances. This is especially true when you’re suffering from catastrophic injuries that may last a lifetime. As you work on getting the medical care you need for as long as you need it, you might find that you’re unable to work, leading to lost income for anywhere from months to years. When you begin a personal injury claim with a Frisco law firm, you have a chance to be compensated for the money you’ve paid out in accident-related bills and the money you’ve missed out on earning while recovering from your injuries.
For this reason, you should spend some time talking to a Frisco car accident lawyer about the compensation you might be entitled to after a motor vehicle accident. As you discuss your personal injury case during your free consultation, you’ll learn which damages your attorney thinks you should pursue. This will often depend on the circumstances of the car wreck and the amount of money you’ve spent on recovery.
For many car wreck victims, much of the compensation focuses on the medical bills that have to be paid, either now or in the future. Some of the most common types of medical expenses you might have after a car wreck include:
- Ambulance ride to the emergency room
- Hospital bills
- Doctor bills for follow-up care
- Physical therapy
- Medical equipment
Of course, these are just the expenses for medical treatment, not the total costs of being involved in a car wreck. You might also have to spend money getting your car repaired or replaced. You’d have to do the same if any personal belongings in your car were damaged or lost in the accident. Examples might include your cell phone, laptop, purse, wallet, child car seat or booster, and any equipment you use for work. This is why your car accident lawyer will likely include property damage in your request for compensation.
Depending on the injuries you suffered in the collision, you might also have to take time off of work. If the injuries were minor, a few days or weeks off of work might be sufficient. But if you’re dealing with catastrophic injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury, you might need months off of work. You might even find you can’t work at all anymore. Either way, the personal injury case filed by your Frisco attorney will likely request damages for lost income, so you’re compensated enough to pay your bills after the accident.
Economic damages like the ones listed above are often just the beginning. Some personal injury cases also include non-economic damages, which are harder to calculate unless you know personal injury law, as well as your attorney, does. Some examples of non-economic damages your personal injury attorney can get you to include pain and suffering, disfigurement, and emotional distress.
In addition, if you lost a family member in a car wreck due to the negligence of the other party, your attorney can help you initiate a wrongful death lawsuit. This could help you get damages to pay for your family member’s burial and funeral expenses, hospital bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. Your Frisco personal injury lawyer will guide you toward the compensation that you should pursue so you can afford to pay for medical bills, property damage, and more after a life-altering collision in Texas.
What Can a Frisco Car Accident Attorney Do for Me?
If you’ve ever handled a minor car accident by calling your insurance company, and you got good results doing so, you might assume that’s usually the best course of action. Maybe you mainly only had property damage and got a check from the insurance company to pay for your car’s repairs, so it felt like a simple process. However, there are a few details about insurance to keep in mind before you rely on your insurance policy for financial help after a car wreck.
First, most insurance companies don’t offer as much compensation as they should, so even if you got enough money to fix the damage to your car, you might have gotten more if you’d talked to a car accident attorney before accepting the offer. After all, the typical insurance company is trying to do everything possible to save money and avoid paying out on claims, which often means they don’t offer fair value on damages.
If you’re dealing with more than damage to your car, you’ll definitely want to talk to a personal injury lawyer after an auto accident. The insurance company you’re trying to work with will likely take way too long to pay for your claims if they agree to pay them at all. This means you’re at risk of being left with expensive medical bills through no fault of your own.
When you come to The Wolf of Law Street for a free consultation, you’ll have the chance to talk to our attorneys about the circumstances surrounding the accident you were involved in. Once our attorneys have all the information about the wreck, we can work on a plan that will help you get maximum compensation to pay for your accident-related bills via a settlement.
You can count on us to deal with the insurance companies so you don’t have to, as our attorneys can negotiate a settlement that will help you get back on your feet after a devastating auto accident. No matter what kind of compensation you’re looking for, we’re happy to go over the details of your auto accident with you and come up with a plan for your case. We have years of experience working with insurance companies to get positive results for our clients’ cases, and we want to put that knowledge to work for your personal injury case, too.
If you want to find out for yourself how our attorneys can help you get a settlement after a wreck, contact us today at (972) 573-4532 to schedule your free consultation at our law firm. We look forward to discussing your Frisco car accident case as soon as possible.