Euless, Texas Slip and Fall Lawyers
Helping Clients Get Justice for Their Injuries
We all expect to be reasonably safe when we go to a public place or head to our jobs, but sometimes accidents happen due to an oversight on someone’s part: a poorly cleared sidewalk, a wet and slippery floor, a rickety ladder. All of these things can cause someone to slip and fall, changing their life in a split second. Slip and fall injuries can be severe and may cause long-term implications. An insurance company may offer you a quick settlement, but that may not be in your best interest because it might not cover all of your medical expenses and difficulties caused by your injuries. To find the best option for your case, you should contact an experienced slip and fall lawyer who can advise you. The Wolf of Law Street has knowledgeable lawyers who can provide you with a free case evaluation today. Call (972) 573-4532 to make an appointment.
What Dangers Are Posed by Slips and Falls?
Slips and falls account for over a million emergency room visits in the U.S. every year. The injuries can range from minor to severe, and can even lead to death, especially for older victims. Some of the complications of a slip and fall accident can include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries, possibly leading to paralysis
Bones typically fractured or broken in a slip and fall injury are the hip, pelvis, hand, upper arm, and spine. These are serious injuries and can cause other complications, especially for older individuals. Secondary issues such as blood clots, loss of mobility, chronic pain, loss of independence, and depression can severely impact a victim’s quality of life and may lead to incapacitation, permanent disability, and in the worst-case scenario, fatality.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Commonly Occur?
Some slips and falls occur in obvious places, such as icy sidewalks and poorly lit stairwells. However, they can also happen in less expected locations, such as on the job and while you are out shopping. Some jobs are more likely to have severe falls, such as mining and construction. Surprisingly, according to the American Trucking Association, falls are the leading cause of compensable injury within the trucking industry. But you can get hurt during your non-work hours as well: slips and falls are a common cause of injuries for customers in retail stores, especially grocery stores.
There are two kinds of falls: same-level and elevated. Same-level falls account for the largest number of injuries and are often caused by slipping on a surface or tripping over an object. Elevated falls, or falls from a height, are less frequent but much more likely to cause severe injury and even death. Falling off ladders is actually one of the leading causes of fatalities and injuries across all occupations. If you or a family member have been injured by any kind of slip or fall, the owner of the premises where it occurred may be held liable. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help you understand your rights so you can receive compensation for your injuries.
What Compensation May Be Awarded for a Slip and Fall Claim?
Because slip and fall injuries can be so severe and life-changing, it is important that you receive all the compensation you deserve, so you can begin to get your life back on track. A skilled personal injury lawyer will fight to get you the maximum amount warranted for your case. This compensation is likely to come from these categories:
- Lost wages: Whether your slip and fall accident occurred at work or elsewhere, if it caused you to miss work and lose income, you may be paid for these losses.
- Medical expenses: You may be compensated for any medical expenses already incurred due to your injury and for any expected future medical care.
- Pain and suffering: Your slip and fall injury likely caused you pain. You may be compensated based on the severity and length of your pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish: Your injury may have caused anxiety, embarrassment, grief, depression, trauma, or other mental distress, and you may be awarded an amount for this.
- Loss of consortium: If your loved one died as the result of a slip and fall accident, you, and other family members, could be compensated for the loss of their companionship and assistance.
- Punitive damages: If the awarding party believes that the accident was caused by negligence or malice on the part of the defendant, then punitive damages may be awarded as further punishment.
Why Hire a Lawyer to Represent You in Your Slip and Fall Case?
Anyone may file a personal injury claim, including a slip and fall claim, and represent themselves in court. But do you feel confident that you know all the laws which may impact your case? And after having sustained a serious injury or the loss of a loved one, do you want to spend all your time gathering evidence and preparing for a court case? You don’t have to do this alone. The Wolf of Law Street can take your case and do all the hard work for you, so you can focus on the important things in your life. We have a broad knowledge of all the applicable laws for Texas and have experience in slip and fall cases. We believe in getting you the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact our office for a free consultation today: (972) 573-4532