McKinney Car Accident Lawyers
Providing Legal Representation for Clients Struggling with Medical Bills and More
Even if you are very careful behind the wheel and drive defensively, there is a chance you will be involved in a car accident in Texas. When that happens, you should know you have the option to turn to a law firm so you can get immediate legal advice from a personal injury lawyer, giving you a chance of recuperating the costs you have incurred from the crash.
If you are in or near McKinney, you are minutes from The Wolf of Law Street, which is where you will find skilled car accident attorneys who truly care how your case turns out. At our law office, we want to make sure you get the financial compensation you need as you try to keep up with medical bills, lost wages, car repairs, and any other expenses you have as a result of another driver hitting your car with their vehicle.
We do not believe you should have to pay for these bills when you did not cause the collision, especially if you are still trying to heal from injuries you got in the crash. If you want to find out what you can do after a car wreck, we recommend you come to us for a free consultation to discuss what kind of damages you can pursue from the other driver’s insurance company.
What Are the Causes Behind Most Serious Car Accidents?
Part of your case will involve determining fault and figuring out what caused the car accident. These tasks should be left to your McKinney car accident lawyer, but sometimes it helps to get an idea of what may have led to the car crash you were injured in. The following are some of the main causes behind serious and even fatal car accidents:
- Distracted Driving. Motorists face several distractions that they are supposed to avoid while behind the wheel, but some drivers give in to these distractions and end up causing tragic car accidents. Some common ways drivers get distracted are by eating, drinking, texting, checking social media, talking to passengers, and putting on makeup while driving. These distractions can cause them to rear-end or sideswipe other cars or even cause a t-bone collision when they fail to stop for a red light at an intersection.
- Drowsy Driving. Tired drivers pose a major threat to other motorists on the road. They can fall asleep at the wheel and drift into the next lane, or even drive into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision. Drivers who are struggling to stay awake might also fail to notice red lights, stop signs, or traffic that is slowing down up ahead, causing rear-end or t-bone collisions.
- Drunk Driving. Drunk drivers can cause tragic car accidents that lead to severe injuries and fatalities. This is because drunk drivers often drive faster than the speed limit and drive right through stop signs and red lights. They might also drive on the wrong side of the road or lose control of their vehicle, leading to deadly head-on collisions.
- Speeding. A speeding driver can be a danger to other drivers simply because they do not have enough time to stop when everyone slows down for a red light or when someone switches lanes. Drivers who speed tend to also tailgate other cars, leaving them with a high chance of causing a rear-end car crash.
- Poor Road Conditions. Some motorists are normally good drivers, but they forget to account for dangerous road conditions and end up causing a car wreck. For instance, when it is raining or snowing, and roads are wet, they might not drive slowly enough or leave enough space between cars to avoid an accident. They might also speed through construction areas, ignoring the temporarily lower speed limits and other warnings about the road, causing a car wreck.
If these or other scenarios have led to a car accident that has affected you, it is time to talk to a McKinney car accident lawyer about your legal options. If you were injured and your car was damaged, you are probably facing unexpected bills that you did not budget for. You should not be held liable for these expenses if another driver caused a car accident. Come to The Wolf of Law Street to talk about how to pursue compensation and what kinds of damages you should request as you begin your personal injury claim.
What Serious Injuries Are Often Caused by Car Crashes?
Motor vehicle accidents can lead to a variety of painful injuries, some of which can take years to heal completely. Depending on how bad the car accident you were involved in was, you might be dealing with at least one serious injury that requires medical treatment. Regardless of the amount and severity of your injuries sustained in the car accident, you should not be left paying for your medical bills afterward.
This is why it is important for you to hire a law firm that will work on getting you the maximum compensation to help pay for your medical bills and other expenses after the crash. The following are just the most common personal injuries that car accident victims often get:
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
All of these injuries will require medical treatment that might include a trip to the emergency room, surgery, physical therapy, and more. This can lead to expensive bills that you should not have to pay on your own. Instead, you should pursue compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, which a skilled McKinney car accident lawyer can help you with. Come to The Wolf of Law Street for a free consultation so you can get started on your car accident case.
What Should You Avoid Doing After a Car Crash in McKinney?
If you are ever in a car accident, there are some things you should avoid doing while at the accident scene if you want to have the highest chances of recovering compensation afterward. The following are some details to keep in mind after a motor vehicle accident in McKinney:
- Do not admit fault. The first thing to remember is that you should never claim that the car accident was your fault. You do not know this for sure, and claiming that you caused the wreck could lead to the driver of the other vehicle involved not being held liable for your bills after the crash. The police, your car accident lawyer, and your own insurance company will be able to determine fault from their investigation.
- Do not apologize. Saying you are sorry for the accident could be interpreted as you admitting fault for the crash. You can and should be civil and help the other drivers and passengers on the scene get any medical care they need if they are clearly injured. However, there is no need to say you are sorry at this time.
- Do not forget to call the police. You need the chance to fill out an accident report with the police, so be sure to call 911 after your auto wreck. In fact, in Texas, it is illegal to leave the scene of an accident without calling the police if there are injuries to anyone involved or property damage to the vehicles. As a result, calling 911 and making a police report is one of the most important steps you can take after a McKinney car accident.
- Do not skip out on medical care. If you notice serious injuries on yourself or someone else at the scene of the accident, you should request an ambulance for immediate medical attention. If you think you have minor injuries and do not believe you need to go to the hospital, you should still see your doctor for a check-up to ensure you do not have any hidden injuries that could quickly get worse overnight.
- Do not assume your own insurance company will handle all the details for you. It’s common to think your insurance provider will surely help you get the financial compensation you need after a car accident since you have been paying monthly premiums all these years. However, you may be surprised to find how long it takes to get money for your damages after a crash. You might also be disappointed in the amount you get, which is why you should talk to a lawyer to ensure your case gets taken seriously by the insurance company.
- Do not forget to take pictures of the damages. You should avoid using your phone while driving, but as soon as you get in an automobile accident, you should take it out so you can call the police and then take pictures of the scene. Be sure you get close-up images of the damage that was done to your car and the other cars in the crash. This is also a good time to take images of your injuries, as this evidence can help improve your injury claim.
- Do not neglect to exchange information with the other drivers. You should not leave the scene of the crash without first exchanging contact information with the other drivers involved. You should write down their name, address, phone number, insurance provider details, and license plate number before you leave.
- Do not avoid calling a McKinney law firm. Your last step after the car accident is to contact a law firm for a free consultation so you can find out if you should get a lawyer’s help filing a personal injury claim with insurance. This technique often gets the attention of insurance companies that would much rather settle out of court and send you a check than drag out the legal process, and a personal injury attorney can assist with this.
If you were already in a car accident and did not know all these steps to avoid, that’s okay. It’s not too late to reach out to a personal injury law firm to find out what kind of assistance you can get from a lawyer in McKinney. When you hire an experienced personal injury lawyer, he or she will work hard to gather all the information necessary to help your case. This is what we do for our clients at The Wolf of Law Street. Come to our law office at your convenience to discuss your personal injury case with our legal team.
What Damages Should You Seek in Your Texas Auto Accident Claim?
As you start to take steps to heal after an auto accident in McKinney, you will probably start seeing bills arrive in the mail. Whether these bills are from the car repairs you needed or the medical care you got, or even both, you should not have to worry about paying them by yourself. You may be able to get financial compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. The law firm you hire can guide you through the process of requesting damages so you can pay for the bills associated with the accident.
Most personal injury cases request economic damages to pay for everything from medical attention to lost income due to missing days at work. It all depends on the costs of your bills after the crash. More specific examples of economic damages include:
- Doctor copays
- Hospital bills
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
Your lawyer will likely ask for your bills and add them up to ensure you get the fair compensation you need after an accident in Texas. Many personal injury attorneys also request non-economic damages for their clients. These are harder to calculate since you do not receive bills or estimates for them, but they are just as important as the other damages in your case since they take into account the amount of hassle, discomfort, and inconvenience the accident has brought to your life. Noneconomic damages often include:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Embarrassment and humiliation
Your lawyer will work with you to determine which damages you should pursue from the insurance company. In addition, if you lost a loved one in the crash, you should talk to your attorney about a wrongful death lawsuit. This would allow you to pursue financial compensation after the death of your child, parent, or spouse in a car accident. You may be able to get reimbursed for funeral costs, medical expenses, and property damage caused by the crash. You can also pursue compensation for pain and suffering endured by your loved one, as well as loss of future income if your deceased family member was financially supporting you prior to the accident.
Whether you want to arrange for a personal injury case, wrongful death lawsuit, or both, you should contact a local law office for help. At The Wolf of Law Street, our skilled personal injury attorneys have handled countless cases involving tragic auto accidents, so we can handle your claim with confidence.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
If you are thinking about filing a personal injury case to get help with financial recovery, you should talk to a legal team in McKinney. The right attorney for your case has worked on several car accident cases like yours and can walk you through the legal process from start to finish, so you should at least get a free consultation at a law firm to learn more.
After all, your insurance company will likely not help you in getting compensation as much as you might hope. Even if you have been with the same provider for years, you might find it frustrating how little personal attention you get from the agents you talk to as you work on getting compensated for a crash you did not cause. You should not have to spend hours on the phone with different agents, explaining the same details over and over and still having to wait for the compensation you need now.
Instead, you should quickly get in touch with a law firm that has car accident attorneys who care about giving you the legal services you need to finally get a settlement from insurance. Experienced car accident lawyers in McKinney can handle all the details of cases like yours, from looking over the accident report and medical records to scheduling with an insurance adjuster and talking to insurance agents until a fair settlement is agreed upon. In the meantime, you can relax at home, knowing your case is in good hands and you will get the money you need soon.
At The Wolf of Law Street, we understand that no two car accidents are the same, so we will listen as you tell us what happened during the car accident you were involved in. Our car accident attorneys will then examine the details before determining what damages you should pursue in your case. At this law firm, our car accident lawyers believe McKinney residents should be able to spend their time recovering at home after devastating car accidents, not trying to handle all the legal details that a personal injury firm could be taking care of.
If you are ready to talk about what happened that led to your injuries and vehicle damage, we invite you to schedule a free case review with our legal team. You can contact us at (972) 573-4532 to learn more. We have successfully handled claims involving auto accidents like yours, and we look forward to getting started on your free case review.